Monday, May 08, 2006

Hangover of the last lap of IIT life

Summary of the last sem -- the life changing TRILOGY crack .. the screwed up CAT verbal score .. partying every night in the whole of Jan and Feb .. Cognitive Psychology, One Course to Rule them All! .. the crazy South Park addiction .. digging out all the keedas done in IIT life and profile writing .. the memorable Valedictory functions .. and the unkind BTP fiasco! Thus.. this four year IIT roller coaster ride is about to end, with all the ups and downs it had to end with a small downside - the painful project stuff demanding more work.

Now before starting the work to satisfy my guide, I had to visit home to get the much needed defragmentation and garbage removal. Fortunately got in touch with a few long lost school friends, met them and just felt the way I was and I used to think some 6-7 years ago!

Currently all the juniors have flown away for their internships and the batchmates leaving one after the other bidding a tearful adieu. Emotions saturate to say a Good Bye to the ones with whom I have lived these best days of my life. Fortunately there are a few who are staying back atleast till I leave this place and saving me from getting into a total vacuum.

Exactly one year ago I was chillin out there in the Land of Enjoyment (read Europe) and I still get kicks of the reminiscences of those days. Hoping to be there with loads of money! Just as Andy says in Shawshank Redemption - Hope is a good thing, may be the best of all things and no good thing ever dies.

May be what Gandalf says in The Fellowship of the Ring holds the ground --

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."

current song: Eine Kliene Nacht Musik of Mozart
current mood: vacant
current work to be done: go back to the btp papers and coding
current desire: finish off the project work, chill out here and go back home asapp
current plan: tonight pizza_n_wine@poptates <:-P

signing off =;

2 Comments:

At 1:35 PM , Blogger Kartik said...

It doesn't end,
my dear friend,
Life really does suck,
and no one else gives a f***!

This is probably the most crappiest poem I've ever written :P

Anyway this is a quote from the movie "Office Space" which I watched today, by a guy working in a software company:
Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.
Dr. Swanson: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Dr. Swanson: Wow, that's messed up.

Life at Trilogy isn't gonna get any easier!!

K

 
At 11:05 PM , Blogger Pradeep Kanade said...

@kartikd: Yes! Life in the real world sucks.. So transcend the illusions and be at peace :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home