Monday, March 19, 2007

Every dog has his weekend

A Matter of Life and Death - Iron Maiden

This Saturday, in spite of the bike screwing up in the morning, I missed the lunch and camped the entire day at the Palace grounds of Bangalore. The evening began with the bands FTN and Parikrama opening the concert and later joined by Lauren Harris. It was indeed a special night with a crowd of 20,000+ shouting "Maiden, Maiden". The crowd was just waiting for the "Fear of the Dark" and the energy around was incredible. It was an amazingly spirited performance and head-banging all the way got my neck aching for a day.
I used to be casually interested in such hard rock, but thanks to this concert and listening to Led Zeppelin to get my head banging and make me mad and happy.


A few months back when I had watched the trailer of 300, I felt that another movie to the animation level of LOTR is coming up and I am not disappointed. The Spartans of ancient Greece were incredibly strong and courageous men and this movie shows 300 spartans fighting to the last man, against a million persian soldiers. The story shows that the true warriors can stand against any army.


And.. A ghoda-ride at Amoeba, my childish instincts show up all the time :P :P.

1 Comments:

At 5:11 AM , Blogger Priya said...

The child is the father of the man!
--William Wordsworth.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home